I Just finished reading The Urban Homestead. Very good book covering many sustainability topics for the modern city / suburban dweller. Here are some of the references from the book that caught my eye:
- Plants for a Future -- information on 7000 plants in a searchable database (the US version didn't work for me today, but the UK one seemed to be fine). It also has articles such as an interesting one on hedges.
- http://wormpoop.com/ -- if nothing else, this website has a cool name.
- The UC Davis IPM site -- searchable database of pests
- Raising quail -- "Raising quail is inexpensive, easy, provides very healthy low-fat white meat, and supplies the fertilizer you need for your home garden. The moderate start-up costs for raising quail are well worth it."
- Chicken breed chart -- amazing
- Solar food dehydrator -- plans. I gotta make me one of these!
There are many more sites and books that look interesting. But these were the ones that seemed to speak to me at the moment.